The Great Deeds Bake-Off
Join us for a unique beer and culinary experience at The First Annual Great Deeds Bake Off! As part of Good Beer Week, we're hosting a one-of-a-kind competition where beer-loving bakers can showcase their skills using Deeds Brewing's range of products.
Doors open from 6pm with a beer on arrival for all guests plus a roaming selection of savoury snacks before our judging begins at 7pm. Each contestant will present their cake on stage while a panel of four judges gives their feedback based on appearance, flavor, texture, creativity, and how well they used the beer. The canape version of each cake will be distributed to the audience to sample.
If you think you can rise to the challenge, submit your beery creation for a chance to win the prize of a lifetime! Simply create a dessert using any Deeds Brewing beer of your choice and post a video of your creation on your social media using the hashtag #greatdeedsbakeoff and tagging @deedstaproom. Once you've posted, we'll send you a complimentary six-pack for your trouble. The top 6 entries, voted by the public, will submit their recipe and have their cake turned into canapes by our head chef, Roger van den Bogaert.
The prize for the winner is the opportunity of a lifetime: a chance to work with Deeds Brewing to turn their dessert creation into a beer! The winner will work with our brewery team to define a recipe, design a label, join the brew day, and help package their beer. Plus, they'll receive a $500 bar tab to share their beer with friends and take home two cases of their creation.
Don't miss out on this exciting inaugural event. Join us at Deeds Taproom & Kitchen on Tuesday, May 23rd, and showcase your baking skills or simply delight in their creations.
- Bake-off Entrants Open: Monday 10th April
- Finalists Selected: Monday 6th May
- 1st Annual Great Deeds Bake-Off: Tuesday 23rd May
- Choose a Deeds beer and make a cake or dessert using the beer of your choice
- Document your entry and create a post on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #greatdeedsbakeoff and tagging @deedstaproom before Sunday 7thMay
- Submit your recipe by Monday 15th May
- Attend the Bake-Off on Tuesday 23rd May, with your dessert. Present your dessert to the judges. Judges will offer feedback to all judges before crowning the winner.
- Work with our brewing and Marketing team to design a recipe and label for your beer
- Attend the brew day
- Attend the packaging day (optional) and take home 4 cases of your beer
- Attend the launch day of your beer at the Taproom, with $500 to spend over the bar.
- Submissions must use the hashtag #greatdeedsbakeoff and tag @deedstaproom to be considered
- Entrants must use a Deeds beer as an ingredient to be considered
- Entrants must be available to attend the judging on May 23rd
- Entrants must consent to their recipe and images / video of the event being used for marketing purposes